1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Delay In Running All Programs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by OpticBarrel91, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OpticBarrel91

OpticBarrel91 Thread Starter

First off, hello, thanks for taking the time to read this and if you can assist I would be eternally grateful.

My problem is that I have an XP Workbook I believe is the type of laptop it is, I can look over it to see what else I can gather if that'll help, and the computer itself takes about 5 to 12 minutes running any program I ask it to. For instance, when I start it up, my MSN Messenger is suppose to start up and up until about a week ago it was starting right after I logged in, but after I went to the Task Manager and ceased a program I thought was a user ran program such as Word, I've been having problems getting it to do anything. Now it opens the programs, but after I waited for about fifteen minutes for my iTunes to load up, I had to ((and am still waiting)) for a song to play. It says something about bluetooth program or something to that effect not being able to be found, but I've never really taken it into consideration. I'm using the house computer in order to write this, but if anyone can help or if you need additional information for clarification purposes please let me know. I just want to know if I've messed my computer up beyond repair and I have to scrap it and go back to saving money for a new one.

Thank you for your time and patience.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    When was the last time you reinstalled (or "recovered to factory defaults") the OS? I know my opinion is not popular but will state it anyhow--after about two or three years Windows XP needs to be installed fresh to clean out all the garbage that accumulates.

3. OpticBarrel91

OpticBarrel91 Thread Starter

It's been a few years.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!