Delay when typing?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FuzzyWuzzy

I notice sometimes if i type or hit whatever key on the keyboard, there can be up to a 2 sec delay before it actually does it on screen. What cause this? I tried rebooting, defraging, spyware, etc. OS or hardware problem?

My specs are below.

Fuzzy,

You are aware of course that as your typing approaches the speed of light, there will be a temporal displacement that outside observers will perceive as a slowing of the 'absolute' time reference in their own inertia systems...respectively!!!

It`s happened to me before, but was fixed on restart. The cause for me was just low memory and having a lot of virtual memory being used.

G'day Psycheout, well if you typed two seconds ahead things might normalise, but these things are a real pain, you no doubt can see your hard drive rattling away consistently and your input is probably being relegated to a "phone queue" your business is very important to us, so just sit there like a drongo and wait your bloody turn, very likely.
If this is the case it might be an idea to get a decent A/V and have a look.
One very good little "bugger" is called "smartcop" (free version) and it may be worth getting and trying. (It comes from India) Don't have to much confidence in whatever program you already have loaded.
Of course there is a slim chance that I might be right with this wild guess based on nothing in particular but you never can tell!
Cheers, qldit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!