1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DelayedAppStarter.exe

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Joshua_85, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Joshua_85

Joshua_85 Thread Starter

Is this necessary to keep? It shows up in the processes when i start my laptop and delays it from connecting to the internet. Sometimes it makes the process of connecting to the internet too long and my laptop will search for the connection for 3 minutes. I looked it up and it says its part of the HPWirelessAssistant.

http://aboutmypc.net/startup-items/DelayedAppStarter.exe/

2. mel8again

mel8again

My understanding is the HPWirelessAssistant is to help you make a connection when you first set it up. You can diasable it or make it manual start. If it is needed you can turn it back on but change it to Automatic so it starts sooner.

3. Joshua_85

Joshua_85 Thread Starter

well the delayedappstarter goes away after the connection is made. How do I locate it so that I can make it manual?

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

If it just goes away after it performs its function, then you may as well keep it. I use StartDelay because I find that the machine boots more smoothly and everything starts better if the startups are spaced out.

5. Joshua_85

Joshua_85 Thread Starter

so its normal when it takes a long time for it to connect?

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

How long are you talking about? The networking services are among the last to completely start. The more things you have starting on boot, the longer it will take for networking to initialize. If the manufacturer put the delay in place, they must have seen a need for it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/998037