1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Delete a Hard drive with protected files?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by xElitex, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xElitex

xElitex Thread Starter

I have 2 disk partions on my computer my c: has around 10 gb and my d has the rest of my memory.

I was has installed vista and my computers could handle it but I didn't install sp1 and it crashed.

I had xp on the other partion.

So i booted from the xp disk now i want to delete everything on the d: Drive but it has vista files which are protected.

Is there any way i can clear it?

Or a batch file id?

Please reply!

2. Tuvach

Tuvach

You could try Boot off the XP disk and follow the setup to the point where it asks you what HDD you want to install it onto as it gives you the option to format the HDD and/or partitions prior to the install. Then select the partiton you want to delete and format it, You can recreat the partiotion here as well, or you can do it in Windows Management -> Disk Management Which can be accessed by booting into windows and right clicking on my computer and selecting manage from the drop down box.
    =) Hope this helps.

3. jmwills

jmwills

Boot from the XP disc and delete all partitions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!