Delete duplicates in Excel 2007

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cantab65

Hello,

I've got 2 columns of data in Excel 2007 that need sorting. There are some duplicates in both columns i.e. some column A data is duplicated in column B and vice versa. Is there an easy way to find and delete the duplicates in both columns?

Thanks
Regan

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
How is you vba knowledge?
You could write a macro to do this.
Two things, if the columns are not related you could sort one column first and then the other column, that way the duplicates are inmediately visible.
You could also record a macro that does the following:

Start macro recorder
Go to Data extended Filter
Select the first column to sort
choose to copy only unique values to another location on the sheet
when finsihed repeat for the seond column and choose a new location next to the previous one.
Then all you have to do is clear the first two columns and move both new columns to the same location.
Sounds difficult? Try it on a test sheet and see what happens.
You can then check the vba editor and see how the macro works to help you along.

If you want I'll try and attach a sample file for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online