Delete first OS from multiboot system

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

d33psc4n

Hello guys! When i got my pc, i installed Windows 7 on it and after a while i switched to Windows 8 but still had W7 on dual-boot. A while later, i got Ubuntu too and now have 3 OS's. My question: How can i delete the partition W7 is installed on (for adding the space to another partition)? I found something online about moving the bootmgr to the other partition.. or duplicating it. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
which boot process is the system using
Grub
or the windows boot manager

and are all three OS on the same hard disk or are there two hard disks
a make and full model of the computer would help
As it had 7 installed first - one may presume that all OS are installed in MBR but that is not necessarily the case - as if 7 was 64 bit and the MB is UEFI/BIOS they could be installed UEFI
which is correct please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online