Delete HP recovery partiton

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aam94

I have searched and also read the HP book.. but cannot find a solution to delete the recovery partion(D:drive)
In the book it says to use a special software tool but gives no further instruction..arghh!
I have backed up the recovery info on CDs.. So all that's left to do is to delete the recovery stuf in the D drive and free up some space...

Any clues as to how to proceed? plzzzzz help

Do you know how to use fdisk in dos? If you do you should be able to delete it using that. You get there by making a boot disk depending on what OS you have. Then if you don’t know how, that’s a different story. Ask again of you can get that far. If you have your system disk or recovery disk, restart with it in, get to dos and type “fdisk” and run it from there.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I used Partition Magic to nuke the recovery partition on several HP machines. You can also do a GHOST image of your boot partition to external storage and then use the disk manufacturer's diagnostics to totally wipe the entire disk, then move the GHOST image back.

aam94

Looks kinda tricky using Partition magic and the ghost image ...no getting that.. rr

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts