delete incoming mail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GD4man

I only have dialup.broad band is not available. My brotherinlaw sent me a bunch of pictures. They takeso long to download my computer shuts down before there finished. can I delete incoming email before it loads? Other wise no new mail can download till these dumb pictures download. Ivegiven up. hope someone can help me. Thank you

dotty999

Dotty
I only have dialup.broad band is not available. My brotherinlaw sent me a bunch of pictures. They takeso long to download my computer shuts down before there finished. can I delete incoming email before it loads? Other wise no new mail can download till these dumb pictures download. Ivegiven up. hope someone can help me. Thank you
if they are sent as attachments then simply don't download them, if they are sent in the body of the email then you can simply just delete the email before they download, remember, you don't have to read his email if he's simply sending you pictures, just delete them:)

To clarify on the above (as it's not possible to simply delete without extra steps)
You need to visit the webmail interface of your ISP, where you should be able to log in to your account and mailbox, only there can you delete the emails.

GD4man

Thank you very much for your very considerate responses to my problem. I did not know how to access the ISP. I am not too computer literate. I can find my way through the internet but that is about it. I solved my problem though, I downloaded it while I was playing poker. About 2 hours later, it was done. I had 49 e-mails stacked up. It slooooowed my computer down but I was able to play. Again thank you very much.
GD4man:)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online