1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

delete incoming mail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by GD4man, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GD4man

GD4man Thread Starter

I only have dialup.broad band is not available. My brotherinlaw sent me a bunch of pictures. They takeso long to download my computer shuts down before there finished. can I delete incoming email before it loads? Other wise no new mail can download till these dumb pictures download. Ivegiven up. hope someone can help me. Thank you

2. dotty999

dotty999

First Name:
    Dotty
    if they are sent as attachments then simply don't download them, if they are sent in the body of the email then you can simply just delete the email before they download, remember, you don't have to read his email if he's simply sending you pictures, just delete them:)

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

To clarify on the above (as it's not possible to simply delete without extra steps)
    You need to visit the webmail interface of your ISP, where you should be able to log in to your account and mailbox, only there can you delete the emails.

4. GD4man

GD4man Thread Starter

Thank you very much for your very considerate responses to my problem. I did not know how to access the ISP. I am not too computer literate. I can find my way through the internet but that is about it. I solved my problem though, I downloaded it while I was playing poker. About 2 hours later, it was done. I had 49 e-mails stacked up. It slooooowed my computer down but I was able to play. Again thank you very much.
    GD4man:)(y)(y)(y)(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753427

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice