1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Delete my Gmail Account? - Urgent!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by LJFried, Sep 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LJFried

LJFried Thread Starter

I found an email in my spam box which said that two days ago I requested Google to delete my Gmail account but I NEVER asked for that. The email is from "[email protected] via inc60.fr"

is this for real or is this a fake? I REALLY need to know because I've been looking for a job for a long time and my Gmail address in on the resumes. Thank you!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2018
  2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I would say that it is fishing for your information and then get control of this email account.

But I would forward it to [email protected], if you know how to get the header of this email, copy and paste it into the email before forwarding it.

3. LJFried

LJFried Thread Starter

thank you! - it seemed really fishy to me.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    It is a phishing attempt to lure you into clicking a link that will take you to a very good looking site and sign in. I see them with Outlook.com / Outlook365 as well.

Make sure you add protection to your login by using 2-Factor Authentication.

5. LJFried

LJFried Thread Starter

thank you - I guessed that it was phone or else why would a real email from Google go into my spam box?

Sorry but I don't know what 2-Factor Authentication means.

6. AmyToo

AmyToo

First Name:
    Amy
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216940

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice