1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Delete network number

Discussion in 'Networking' started by evy123, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. evy123

evy123 Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm not sure if it is possible, but whenever I connect to the internet, the 'Set network Location' keeps popping up and the 'Network' number keeps on going up each time. For example, the first one is 'Network', the next time it will be 'Network 2' then, 'Network 3' and so on. Right now its already on 'Network 14'. Is there anyway to reset it and get it back to just 'Network'? Because I'll be connecting to the internet several times a day, and if this keeps up, I'll probably be seeing "Network 33" at the end of the month.

I have set the network location each time it comes up, but when I disconnect and then reconnect to the internet, it disappears and ask me again. I'm using Windows 7.

Thanks.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    are you saving the profile - just stop saving the profile each time

is this wireless ?

have a look at the wireless profiles and you can delete those and start again, save just one and then use that as the preferred connection
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to remove Wireless Profiles - for Vista and Windows 7
    http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
    - Vista/Windows7:
    http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
    - delete the wireless profiles
    Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
    you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. evy123

evy123 Thread Starter

No, it's not wireless. Im using my Iphone's internet for my laptop via usb. I tried saving and not saving, the same thing happens.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    not sure what to suggest for a USB tethering connection issue, no experience of that - hopefully someone else will have a suggestion

5. evy123

evy123 Thread Starter

Thats ok. Thanks for trying though. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028471

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice