1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

delete trash automatically from gmail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by millworker, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. millworker

millworker Thread Starter

hi: i am not sure where to look or who to ask.
    i am getting offensive email . all the same type of stuff . i blocked the addresses and the key words.this started 3 months ago when i went on a survey for $1000. lol
    none of it comes to my inbox or even spam. they go straight to trash . i would love for it to be deleted automatically without manually going and deleting . gmail only has option for 30 days .
    i would even set up another email software thingy to "catch" the emails before they go to gmail. is this even possible? i allow my kids on my computer and even email. got nothing to hide. but what if they check the trash?
    thank you

Maddkatt likes this.
  2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Hello!

Do you check your email via a browser?

3. millworker

millworker Thread Starter

on laptop via chrome . on cell phone through the gmail app

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    OK, i had to look into this because I wasn't too sure what G-Mail's policies. It looks like the 'delete email' means it gets move to trash. There is no option to delete forever straight away.

So I would suggest periodically check the trash and highlight all emails to delete permanently via browser or app.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    gmail keeps mail in trash for about 30 days. I've always had to delete the trash manually.

6. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    It might be better to delete them manually, sometimes there can be emails in the trash that you want to keep.

Maddkatt likes this.
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228123

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice