1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleted a partition or logical drive.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ThatRandomGuy, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ThatRandomGuy

ThatRandomGuy Thread Starter

Im not sure what i deleted but i deleted a partition or a logical drive while reinstalling windows XP now my second HDD or Partition or Logical Drive is not showing. & when i go to DIsk mangment it does not diplay an unallocated space, RAW drive or unformatted drive its just the C: drive laying there.Is there any chance of recovering the drive but not the files the D drive only.
    Please help :) .

Thank you
    P.S
    Newbie @ techguy forums

2. ThatRandomGuy

bump:
    i dont remember wheter it was actual Partition or physical drive

3. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

4. ThatRandomGuy

nope same size

5. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Are you wanting to recover the files that were on that partition, or just recreate the partition?
    If you want to recover the files, stop using the hard drive immediately. You'll need to connect it to another system to run recovery software. If you continue using it the files could be overwritten.

If you just want to recreate it, the EASEUS Partition Master
    tool Lozzy-Loz mentioned is the easiest way to go.

6. ThatRandomGuy

But what if when i open my PC i see 2 hdds is it possible to delete a Physical drive and make it irretrievable not the files, the drive itself.

7. bilcheri

bilcheri

Can you access your setup screen for your motherboard? When you first turn on the computer repeatedly push f2. this should enter your bios/cmos. usually on the first page there is system info.
    does your motherboard 'see' this second drive? If not exit the bios and turn off power (ok to do BEFORE windows starts to load but DO NOT hold the power button during the boot up sequence. This can damage windows files- maybe best to wait until windows loads then shut it down)
    disconnect the power cable and the data cable from the HDD then reconnect them. Could just be a bad connection. If your motherboard doesn't see the second HDD then windows can't either.

If f2 is the wrong key then look here: http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

8. JackAlexander

JackAlexander

yes, in you case, actually the deleted partition is still out there but you have to rely on a special software. first of alll, you should stop saving files in the hard drive in case the original data is overwritten. Then you need a partition recover tool to get back your deleted partition table. There are a lot of software like Wondershare Data Recovery which can do the job. won't be too hard to find. Good luck!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!