Deleted a windows file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GamiInnit

Hello! So today i decided to move my roaming folder using properties. Everything was fine but i saw that the files were in appdata AND the folder where i moved those files so I thought it was ok to delete the folder where i moved them. But after that, my wallpaper turned black and i knew i did something wrong so i restored the file from the recycle bin. I still can t change the wallpaper to the ones that are from windows, but I can still use my desktop, open apps and everything just seems it s ok. So is it safe to restart my pc?

Hello! So today i decided to move my roaming folder using properties. Everything was fine but i saw that the files were in appdata AND the folder where i moved those files so I thought it was ok to delete the folder where i moved them. But after that, my wallpaper turned black and i knew i did something wrong so i restored the file from the recycle bin. I still can t change the wallpaper to the ones that are from windows, but I can still use my desktop, open apps and everything just seems it s ok. So is it safe to restart my pc?
Yes, it is safe to reset your PC (restarting it).
I would recommend doing a System Restore to the last Restore Point. All important files of yours on the Hard Drive should be backed up to an external drive before doing a System Restore.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online