1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleted App Data,User Account Control Prevents System Restore,Please Help to Recover

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by HHB1, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HHB1

HHB1 Thread Starter

Hello
    I'm new here and I have a windows vista 32 bit service pack 2 operating system.

Just recently I have made horrible mistake when cleaning my computer , that I can't seem to reverse but maybe you could help me *fingers crossed*

In C:\Users\HOME ADMINISTRATOR\AppData I deleted alot of Roaming. Local Low,and Local Files and have emptied it from my recycle bin.

Because I have user account control on, I can't pass that prompt screen when I click allow, I just wait and wait and nothibng happens. I come out of it by prompting windows task manger using ctrl + alt+ delete. This makes it even more difficult since I cannot turn user account control off ,prompt run, or system restore without that prompt.

What are my options? what do you suggest I do? Is there another way to restore my computer sytem wihout losing all my current document files?

Please help :(

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    When you cleaned the computer did you use a registry cleaner also?any type of cleaner has to be used carefully because they can cause a lot of damage to where the operating system has to be reinstalled again because programs and drivers etc get corrupted and wont work right.

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1109540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice