1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleted Audio Driver To Clear Space, Can't Fix Now

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by HawkeKitsorogi, Dec 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HawkeKitsorogi

HawkeKitsorogi Thread Starter

First Name:
    Riley
    Right. So I've just about had it with this darned laptop. I bought it a few months ago, and the issue isn't manufacturer error or store error or anything. It's my own fault, but I desperately want it fixed.

So last night, I was searching around my laptop looking for stuff to delete to clear space for gaming, and I couldn't find what was taking all the space up (65.3gb was being taken by Garry's Mod mods, but didn't realise at the time) so I decided just to delete things and see if it helped. I googled whether deleting "Realtek HD Audio Driver" by Realtek Superconductor Corp (i think) which was over 200mb would give me a leg up, and being an idiot I didn't think it would disable the audio card, so I deleted it as people were saying "YEAH GO FOR IT!" and stuff.

So I deleted it. And then only after that did I find out what was taking all the space up, so I sorted that and tried to reinstall the audio driver, but and it says it's been installed properly but can't run. I have no clue how to get it to work and it's really REALLY annoying me :'(

I'm using a HP Pavilion Laptop on Windows 10. If any other information is required and/or screenshots, etc. Let me know. Please help me solve this asap. I know sound isn't a necessary thing, but it certainly helps...

EDIT#1: If this is in the wrong section of the forum/category, moderators feel free to move it, as I only just joined this forum to solve this issue as nothing I try works, and I just slapped it in here as I'm on Win10. Sorry.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The easiest way to fix this is to simply restore to a date prior to your messing with it. Should take all of 5min or so.
    BTW laptops are not really designed for gaming. The exception is a purpose designed gaming laptop like an asus or a dell/alienware.

3. AnilAdivishnu

AnilAdivishnu

turn off wifi on your laptop and instal it should work

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220958

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice