1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleted data in Excel XP

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by gyro, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyro

gyro Thread Starter

Wondering if there are any software to recover data accidently cut to the Excel clipboard and then saved. I accidently cut a large portion of my spreadsheet and then before I realized what happened I may have saved the file. I tried to undo the action to no avail and also tried to paste the lost data back to the file and nothing happened. I also tried closing and re-opening Excel but it seems that the edited file was automatically saved without the data.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated and also save me hours if not days of retyping.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Unlikely we'll get your data back, but a few comments...

CHECK YOUR EMAIL.
    Did you ever send this file to anyone or receive it recently from anyone?

CHECK YOUR RECYCLE BIN.
    Maybe?

CHECK NETWORK BACKUPS.
    If you're at work and it's on a server, ask your network techies to get the backup from the night before you made this mistake.

Sorry I cannot help more.

I have learned the hard way, so I rarely CUT anymore. I copy....and delete later.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115938

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice