Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

deleted files & Messed up bios

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  GripS 
#1 ·
systemax tiger amd athelon 1700+XP Processor - I deleted wrong files couldn't start at all. I do not have recovery disks for this computer so I Tried recovery disks from my other computer which is an T2692 E Machine running XP. It got me a screen but I could not re-install win XP. I finally managed to reformat C: and installed an old copy of Win98 but not working properly. Still can not install my XP - get the following error "Micro Tech Error 3E6H setup can not continue". Win 98 is not working correctly. The first screen I see that shows Windows 98 is completely black on top half of screen but bottom is correct. It then does go to the desktop with icons but If I go to control panel and system it gives me error to shut down.
I may have screwed up the bios also as I kept trying different things. Is there somewhere I can look and make sure all the bios settings are where they should be.
Motherboard # is GA-7vTXE+KT266A DDR Motherboard
Have I messed up too badly or can all my problems be corrected? i would appreciate any help, I have been working on for two days with not much luck.

#2 ·
You can Reset your Bios to all Default Settings using the Jumpers on the Main Circut Board.

Usually JBat 1 Jumpers but check your manual.Otherwise take out the battery for 15-20Mins and Reinsert.

Make sure you have the power completely disconnected from the mainboard.
Take out the Power Lead from the Power Supply Unit.
Make sure you earth youeself first before touching componants inside the Box....keep touching the metal on the PC Box.

#3 ·
Thank you Sherry22160. I will try that. I did find an update to the bios at supportforyourpc.com and installed that but so far I am still having the same problems. It is 1 a.m.(florida) here so I am going to bed now but will try disconnect as you instructed tomorrow and see if it helps any. Thanks again. I will let you know if it fixes it.

#4 ·
Pretty sure all your problems can be corrected. If all you did was change some settings in the bios then we can recover that. Enter the bios and load default settings. If that doesn't work then try clearing the CMOS via the CMOS jumper.

For your windows install. That's probably hosed. You need a retail copy of windows xp in order to re-install. If you have your original installation key you can use any retail copy of windows xp(borrow a friends) and use your cd-key when you get to that point during the installation.

edit: Just saw the last post. What was the original issue you were having before you flashed the bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.