1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

deleted files on accident

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rustypetedog87, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rustypetedog87

rustypetedog87 Thread Starter

hi, i had a lot of music and shows on my computer. i decided to buy an external hard drive to put all of my multimedia on it. i tripped on my external hard drives power cord and it fell to the ground and broke. aside from the external hard drive, is there a way to recover the files on my computer? please help.

2. bicycle bill

bicycle bill Banned

3. Jason

Jason

If you`ve deleted the files, then you could give system restore a try;

1. Log on to Windows as Administrator.
    2. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. System Restore starts.
    3. On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected), and then click Next.
    4. On the Select a Restore Point page, click the most recent system checkpoint in the On this list, click a restore point list, and then click Next. A System Restore message may appear that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make. Click OK.
    5. On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration, and then restarts the computer.
    6. Log on to the computer as Administrator. The System Restore Restoration Complete page appears.
    7. Click OK.

Regards Jason :)

4. CodeRedMan

CodeRedMan

There are file recovery methods that can be used to gather this information, but most of the time it is more worth your time and money to
    redownload the content.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!