1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleted gmail emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Shads03, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shads03

Shads03 Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

I was sorting out all my emails, all 4000+ emails that has conjured up in each sub folder in my account. I must of miss-read or miss-clicked or accidentally gone into all mail & deleted all my emails. Most of them I diddnt want, but there was 3 categories of emails I wanted to keep, my work union, iTunes & O2 emails. Is there any way of getting these back by contacting google or going through a process? (there not in my trash mail by the way)

I really would be greatful to any help in aiding getting these back

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

Ashley

2. Sponsor

3. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi and Welcome,
    Unless they are in the 'Trash' folder then it doesn't look too good according to this:
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78353

Quote- "If you've deleted a message permanently, by clicking Delete Forever in your Spam or Trash, you won’t be able to recover the message using the Gmail interface."

Richard

4. Shads03

Shads03 Thread Starter

So is there no other way at all????
    No way of contacting them or any other way without using the interface??

Argh, why did I have to permantly delete them!!!

5. hewee

hewee

Any email you really want to keep should always be download to your computer so you have a copy of it that you can also back up.

6. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Not from what I can see unfortunately. :(

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

How, exactly, do you do that? I'm not aware of a way to create a "backup" (which is a second copy) of Gmail messages.

8. hewee

hewee

You download the mail you want to keep safe to your computer and it's easy to back up.

Any email at web base email accounts like Gmail that I really want a copy of to be safe I have to save in on my computer. I download to Thunderbird and then back up all of Thunderbird mail.

I even recovered some that I goofed and deleted before I downloaded it. Took 10 hours or so when it hit me I may be able to recover it from the trash. What I have is MailWasher Pro and it has option to have all emails up to the last 60 go into the trash bin no matter what you did. Like download, delete or bounced a email it keeps a copy of the email. It can only go back up 60 days and up to 800 lines an email. 800 line will get most emails. Once you recover a email from MailWasher then that mail is no longer in the trash bin to recover. It can be mail from any email account even if you never download the emails. I have it so it only tells be if I have email at Gmail and Hotmail and with MailWasher I delete the email. With Hotmail it moves any email I delete to a POP folder so it's never really deleted. With Gmail it does nothing. The deleting with MailWasher on those two accounts only deletes it from the list of email MailWasher shows as new. It's all still in MailWasher trash if I want to recover. No matter what email account it is or it's setup to download tru my ISP email account to Thunderbird if I do a recovery from MailWasher it recovers it and sents it to the main account and that is my ISP so gets downloaded to Thunderbird.

Funny when I first setup Gmail with MailWasher I had 100's and 100's and 100's of emails and Gmail inbox was empty. Then I made sure to mark all emails as read no matter what folder it was in but it did not matter. I keep getting more and more showing up as new email at Gmail. Then I click delete one at a time because that is the only way you can with MailWasher and deleted over a 1000 emails for Gmail in MailWasher. I did not lose and emails but all pass Gmails do not get listed.
    You see I set up the account for Gmail in MailWasher but was not using MailWasher on Gmail. But MailWasher too the date I set it up so all email after that date was new so that is what I had so many. Plus the way Gmail uses the lables and not folders it is really only showing what is under a lable because all email is in one folder and that is the inbox and that is why MailWasher was seeing email no matter what lable or folder it was in.

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

hewee, I'm curious as to your exact method of backing up your Gmail messages. If you're just using an e-mail client with a POP connection, you're not making a backup. You're downloading all the messages from Gmail's servers. I use 6 different computers. I need my e-mail in the cloud. Having it downloaded to 1 computer doesn't do me any good.

10. hewee

hewee

I only back up the Gmail that I download to Thunderbird. 99% of the Gmail is NOT backed up.

But in a way MailWasher has a back of the last 60 days or from today to to Aug.17th. I have over 1,664 emails in the MailWasher Recycle Bin if I counted right. It does not show what account the mail is from and not sure if it turns the email to just plain text or not.
    So the MailWasher Recycle Bin is a temp type of backup.
    If I had email at Gmail that is older then 60 days old then MailWasher Recycle Bin would not help.
    Bad thing with the MailWasher Recycle Bin is you have to recover each email one at a time so you would have to make sure not to recover to many to fast and have your ISP do anything thinking it's spam. Wonder if the MailWasher Recycle Bin works after your year is up because looking at the email header the recover email came from this address. @MailWasherProRecycleBin
    Resent-Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 21:54:30 -0700
    Resent-To: [email protected]
    Resent-Message-ID: <[email protected]>
    I was wondering where the email backups were at. Bad thing also is you can not pick what the Recycle keeps. You can only empty all of the email in the Recycle Bin. Be nice to be able to high light more then one at a time and pick to recover or delete.

I am using the older MailWasher Pro 6.5.4 I won at "Calendar of Updates" some years back but just installed. Got another from Calendar of Updates I won also for the newer MailWasher Pro 2010.

The ones you see with the red YES is email I deleted at gmail. But the way I have it set up it did not delete anything. Just MailWasher will not show it anymore once you download, bounce or delete the email. But if I deleted it from Gmail I can recover it still from MailWasher if it's from the last 60 days.

Attached Files:

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1022529

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice