1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleted Graphics Drivers By Accident

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mecha, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mecha

mecha Thread Starter

Hey Guys I screwed up as follows:

I was fooling around with my graphics drivers and accidentally deleted them. A screen popped up to reboot the computer. It rebooted.

Now whenever I restart my computer, first a microsoft screen appears, then it appears to load but I have no on-screen visual as i get a monitor error message (Not Optimum Mode, Recommended 1920x1200, 60Hz), I am therefore unable to download and install any updated drivers.

What Can I do to restore my Drivers or at least get a visual to Re-install them?

I'm running Windows Vista, and one of the newer NVidia Graphics Cards.

2. Cultivated

Cultivated

I believe you'd need to boot into safe mode in order to get the resolution down, or at least that's the easiest way I can think of. Boot into safe mode and allow as much as possible, try installing your drivers from there.

3. baladio

baladio

Another thing to try is a different monitor; it may boot up all right with a different one (especially a CRT), then you could re-install the drivers and go back to the other monitor. But try Cultivated's advice first, if its easier.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Boot as if to safe mode tape tapping f8 after pressing power button until you see the option and choose instead "enable vga driver" and then boot back up and install your video driver.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/732117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice