Deleted Icons

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DJ2TAYLORS

I Mistakenly Deleted All The Home Page Icons. So When The Computer Starts Up All I Have Is The Screen Saver. I Can't Get In To The Computer At All. Please Help. I Have Windows Me.

Cause:
Active desktop is enabled

Solution:
If you do not want the Active desktop you can simply click your desktop with your right mouse button, click on Active Desktop, and uncheck View as a web page. This will not allow you to view your desktop as a web page, however, it will fix your issue.

If you do wish to view your desktop as a Web page, to get your icons back click Start / Settings / Control Panel / double-click on the Display icon, click the effects tab and un-check the option "Hide icons when the desktop is viewed as a web page".

Or try this link for some info
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/192393

blues_harp28

How did you delete the icons?

Does the system start in Safe Mode (tap F8 at startup)?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online