Deleted important file?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jordanc

Hi there, i normally play music on my laptop thru creative media source, the software that comes with the zen mp3 player, and i occasionally use windows media player. Upon trying to free up some space on my C drive, i deleted lots of music etc being very careful, but i wonder if iv deleted something i shouldn't as now i can play no music either on creative or wmp.
Creative media source says 'Unable to open the necessary device(s) for playback. It may be in use or unavailable'
WMP says there is a problem with my sound device. Either it is in use by another program or i do not have one.
This happens on stored music and cd's. Im guessing i've done something to my sound device, probably deleted it. What can i do to fix it? Thanks. JC

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Look in Device Manager and see if there is any problems indicated for your sound drivers. Also, do you have any system sounds still functional?

Jordanc

ah thanks, yeah device manager sorted it for me. as i thought, id deleted some file, hell knows which one so i had no chance of locating it in the backup files. device manager just re-did the lot. cheers :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online