1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleted items not going in recycle bin

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Gabbiegirl, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gabbiegirl

Gabbiegirl Thread Starter

When I delete an item, it does not say (do you want to put it in the recycle bin) it says ( are you sure you want to delete this item. ) and if I change my mind and want it back it is not in the recycle bin. nothing goes in there. where does it go?.. I never have to empty it. I don't like that. can some one help me fix the problem. I am not sure even when it started doing that.

2. moper

moper

Right click the 'Recycle Bin' on your Desktop. Click Properties. Is 'Do not move files to the recycle bin', checked? Is 'Display delete confirmation dialog', unchecked?

moper

3. Gabbiegirl

Gabbiegirl Thread Starter

use one setting for all drives is checked, display deleted confirmation dialog is checked . nothing else is checked..

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Go to Kelly's Corner and search for Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP, it's on line 64 on the right hand side. Download and run that script and reboot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!