1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleted items reappear in gmail inbox

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by preet_kumar, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. preet_kumar

preet_kumar Thread Starter

Messages that were deleted have reappeared in my gmail inbox. I shall appreciate knowing why
    this has happened. and how to get rid of these deleted messages without individually deleting them again.
    gamil 'help' tab was of no use.

Thanks.

Preet

2. hgh918

hgh918

Are you deleting them from the gmail.com website, and then they appear again on the gmail.com website? Or are you deleting them off a mail client like outlook?

3. preet_kumar

I have deleted the messages from gmail web site and they appear again on the gmail web site.

Preet

4. hewee

hewee

Did you delete email from the Trash?

If you delete from the inbox it goes to the trash.

BUT! If you click on All Mail it will show all mail and that means the same email if it is in the trash or sent folder.

5. preet_kumar

Yes, I emptied the trash.

Preet

6. hewee

hewee

Even if you view all mail and delete from there and empty the trash they return?

7. preet_kumar

yes.

Preet

8. preet_kumar

I empty trash before leaving gmail. Till about a weel ago, there less than 200 messages in my inbox, and trash was empty. Then suddenly I find more than 1000 messages in my inbox!!. There does not seem to be a way todlete all mail before a chosen date.

Preet

9. hewee

hewee

I can't think of anything else but others may know something to try.

Where are all the new email from?
    Is it mail you want or spam?

There is no option to not delete before a set date that I know of so something is not right.

But first View your data and account activity in the Google Dashboard. Look also in the sent email to see if mail is going out you never sent.
    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/162744

Look to see when you log into your Gmail to see if they are really just you.

You may want to change your password if somehow someone got to your account. Will not hurt to change it no matter what.
    But first look at or set up a another email account to recover password etc and if already set up look to see if it's still there and your account is right.

10. preet_kumar

My mail account does not seem to be hacked. No one other than me has sent any emails from my account.

What I do not understand is why the goggle server still retains mail that was deleted, and how it got back to my inbox. As a whole page can be selected with one click, I was able to delete the unwanted mail in a short time.

Is there a way to contact google with questions?

Preet

11. hewee

hewee

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146497

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice