Deleted my archived Outlook Data Files (*pst)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EBSchrader

Didn't recognize this archive file as important, so I dumped it *sigh* Now every time I launch Outlook, it looks for the *pst file, then offers me a phone # for assistance (that reports it is not presently set up to accept calls). Once I get post those 2 prompts, I can still use Outlook. How can I restore my archive file?

cwwozniak

Chuck
MS-Outlook can work with several PST files at the same time. If the PST file in question only contained old mail that you no longer want, then it is a matter of configuring Outlook to no longer expect to find the file.

If you still need the contents of the particular PST file, you need to explain exactly how your "dumped" it and how long ago you did so. We might also need to know exactly which version of MS-Outlook you are using and what operationg system you are running.

EBSchrader

MS-Outlook can work with several PST files at the same time. If the PST file in question only contained old mail that you no longer want, then it is a matter of configuring Outlook to no longer expect to find the file.

If you still need the contents of the particular PST file, you need to explain exactly how your "dumped" it and how long ago you did so. We might also need to know exactly which version of MS-Outlook you are using and what operationg system you are running.
I deleted it because it was several months old. As far as I know, it had nothing in it I needed to keep. Windows 10, Office 365 (so latest Outlook). How do I go about configuring Outlook to no longer expect to find the file?

cwwozniak

Chuck
I am unable to answer that as I am not familiar with either Windows 10 or Office 365. All of the information I am finding on line is to first close (remove) the PST file in Outlook and then you can delete the actual PST file. I have no way of testing this but you could try the steps in this MS-Office support page to remove a PST file in Outlook 2016.

You can recover your PST files by using Microsoft Outlook's own applicatio program i.e. Scanpst.exe file.This way you can recover your PST file. If it doesn't works out, go for some professional help and use a converter tool to easily recover your PST files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online