Deleted one of my email accounts from Outlook

Aphillyguy2004

I deleted one of my email accounts from Outlook accidentally. I do have an up to date outlook data file but it's not an app file and I'm now disconnected. Is there a way to recover the app file so this works again. I tried to just add an account again with the same email but it won't let me. So far, no data or emails lost & I'd like to keep it that way. Any help is greatly appreciated.

ozziebeanie

Serena
Hi Aphillyguy2004 - What version of Outlook are you using? I know with the older versions, you can go into Control Panel, Mail, Data Files, (Add) Tab, pick the file, click on ok then select pst/ost file, (you may have to rename file) may be slightly different if you are using a later version but you can add it as a data file, it will be in a different position from your inbox but you can view all the email from the that file, i think even if you take out one of your emails the data file for it remains, usually located - C:drive:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
hopefully this info is not out of date, been a while since i did anything IT
Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online