Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted Partition of my Inspiron 700m and replaced it with my XPS on accident

921 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Old Rich 
#1 ·
Hi everyone...

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

I have both an inspiron 700m and a xps laptop...both dells obv. After breaking my lcd screen in the 700m i sent my computer in to be serviced. When trying to reformat the inspiron I accidently used the xps recovery and reformat disk to try to reinstall everything on the insiron. The trouble now is, all of the drivers are for the xps but are installed to the inspiron resulting in no sound or recognition of the wireless card, etc. I am pretty sure I deleted my inspiron's partition and cannot partake in the Ctrl + F11 command. If anyone knows how to fix this or recover my old inspiron partition and make it to where the inspiron was like new again with all the right drivers it would be a HUUUUUUUUGE help.

Thank you.

#3 ·
I dont have internet and feel that some sort of partition recovery would work best...the inspiron with regular windows XP home now thinks it is a dell xps XP media center edition. When I try to download the drivers it tells me that the system does not support them...My only assumption is because it now thinks it is an xps...this is why I feel partition recovery is the only way. Could be wrong though. All I know is nothing positive happens when I try to contact dell...I think many of you already know this.

#4 ·
What makes you so sure you deleted the recovery partition ? Have you gone to Disk Management to see if the partition is still there? And if you don't have internet then how are you posting here? You can download the drivers you need from any computer, burn to cd and install on the inspiron.

#5 ·
im at work right now...i vaguely remember when i used the xps disk in the inspiron it asking me if i wanted to overwrite the partition...and im really not sure how to check if it is there. i downloaded a drivers iso file that was supposed to help me in the situation from http://user-guides.co.uk/ and when i use this is just says the system doesnt support the drivers. i appreciate the replies so far though so far, but really dont think just downloading drivers will help...i tried.

#6 ·
Contact Dell and order the correct recovery software for the computer and then redo the system when you get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.