1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

deleted partition

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by khikomonster, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. khikomonster

khikomonster Thread Starter

I accidentally Deleted a partition how can i get it back?
    Thanks

2. Sponsor

3. erick295

erick295

You can try this:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

There are programs out there that will do a better job, but most of them cost you. All Restoration will do is restore the files that were on the partition (along with everything that was ever deleted and not written over). It's not the best thing you could use, but it's a start.

4. khikomonster

Thanks For your Help! Can i have another one..:) Virtual Memory low how can i fix that?

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

Either add more ram or increase hard drive space and you need to be more specific to get a better answer...like when are you receiving that notice, doing what?

6. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Does it restore files from deleted partitions or files that were deleted from an existing one?

7. khikomonster

No it did not restore any of it. this is a XP pro then my brother delted accidentally the D: drive then when it came back lots of were lost. all programs,even admin tools had nothing to show,hard to explain but it seems it useless now. can i put the Cd xp pro for repair?

8. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Not hard to explain. The partition was deleted.

9. erick295

erick295

Well, come to think of it, it probably won't restore files from a deleted partition. GetDataBack will, though. But it's $79.

http://www.runtime.org/products.htm

10. Rich-M

Rich-M

I don't see how you can recover anything from a deleted partition and this software doesn't say it does that either.

11. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

To quote from their web site:

"Recover your files when the data is no longer accessible due to formatting, fdisk, virus attack, power or software failure. Get everything back even when the drive's partition table, boot record, Master File Table or root directory is lost or corrupt"

At this point it does sound like the partition table has been lost.

12. Rich-M

Rich-M

No it is not lost it is "deleted". There is a difference.

13. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

erick295,

You are quite correct in that software being able to restore deleted partitions

As a test, I connected another hard drive, deleted the partition, ran the program and successfully recovered the files. Didn't even take that long.

Guess that's why this is technical support and not grammatical support forum.

14. erick295

erick295

It's been removed from the partition table, but the data is still there.

15. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Yep, and that's just what the software not only says it can do, but it actually does it.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/464622