Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted Partitions By Accident Please Help

913 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Oddba11 
#1 ·
I have a 2TB external hard drive and a 1TB external hard drive.
I got a new 2TB internal hard drive and was installing Windows on it.

On the screen where it showed the connected drives, I stupidly forgot the 2 external drives were still connected. I thought somehow it was breaking up the new 2TB internal drive into 3 separate partitions. I clicked on the two external drives and deleted the partitions because I thought it would merge them. I DID NOT format luckily.

I am in the middle of running the Analyzer using TestDisk on the 2TB external. Since it is a 2TB hard drive, it is analyzing about 10% of the disk per day. So I guess it will take 10 days to finish. Small price to pay if I can recover all the data on these drives. One has all our home movies and photos and the other has all our scanned documents in PDF format. Sigh.

I am wondering if I am doing this the right way with TestDisk? Is there a faster way? When I deleted the partitions, the process took less than a second. The drives were partitioned to used 100% of the drive space. I read the page TestDisk Step By Step but still not sure if there isn't an easier way for my particular blunder. Nothing should be corrupted. Just deleted.

Thank you!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.