Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

deleted sims from c:drive by accident

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Kristin76 
#1 ·
I have done something really stupid... was having mouse problems when I was trying to do something in the sims folder and Accidently deleted the folder from the c:drive.....I was able to undo the delete but NOW I cant uninstall the game to reinstall it.... I tried to do a run on it and restore the system to an earlier point but it wont let me restore far enough back ... So now I have no Idea what to do .. I've tried everything I know to do..... I was trying to fix the problem with Items not showing up in the game... because i did what you sujested in the post but it didnt work ,,,, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
#7 ·
cant you just delete/ remove, everything to do with the sims, and start from scratch?

#8 ·
I finally did something right and got it back .. I had to delete the files in the C: drive and the one in my documents at the same time ... but after installing the game a few times I still can not get my downloads to show up in the game .... GAH I want to chuck the whole thing out the window right now

#11 ·
Download the stuff from the sims website and it will automatically install the things when you open the download.

#15 ·
Any Custom Content you download to put into the game needs the 'Custom Enabler Package' or the CEP. You can find that for free here:
http://sims.ambertation.de/en/cep/

Follow the simple instructions on how to use it.

Sims2 downloads also require meshes which are the original items and then you may find recolors to go with them. If you download recolors you must have the mesh or else nothing will show up....unless it is based on a Maxis game item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.