1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

deleted upperfilters now nothing works!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mstroublekh, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mstroublekh

mstroublekh Thread Starter

Hi...I have an acer laptop. I was having a problem with my cd rom not working so I went to the microsoft windows site and followed the regedit steps to delete the upperfilters. I think I deleted too many because now my mouse and my keyboard is not working at all. I get a small box that pops up everything I turn my pc on that is labeled

eRAgent
    An invalid argument was encountered
    I can't find the disc that came with the computer but it wouldn't really matter because the cd rom doesn't work. I pressed F8 while it was turning on and I selected that restore to last known working or whatever and that did nothing. I pressed F8 again and selected reboot. That did nothing as well. I really do not want my whole computer because my most important thing on my computer is all of my pictures. If I loose them I don't have a copy any where else. (I know stupid mistake!) Please help!! Thank you!​

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    if i understand this correctly u were in the registry and deleted things u shouldnt have?if thats the case u are lucky the computer is working at all.your cd drive isnt working either?u are going to either have to get a new drive or reinstall the operating system so that the driver for it is reinstalled.if its the drive itself that doesnt work anymore no cd is going to work to reinstall anything.to get your pictures u are going to have to have someone recover them for u by taking the hard drive out and going from there.i hope this helps u.

3. mstroublekh

mstroublekh Thread Starter

Thanks for responding...I was in the regedit thing and I followed all of the directions microsoft windows said but I deleted more than 1 upperfilter. Everything works fine on the laptop except the mouse and keyboard. I can use the keyboard if I push F2 or F8 when it is loading. So I don't understand why I can't use it when windows loads. I had the setup up but I didn't want to mess anything else up so I just exited that. I also called microsoft windows and they couldn't help me over the phone. He told me to hit F8 and choose safe mode with networking but I couldn't use my mouse after that so he couldn't help me. My cd drive I can hear running when I put a disc in it but nothing pops up and when I go to my computer to run it that way it does not show up there. That is why I even to deleted the upperfilters. I wish I could just restore it to an earlier date but I can't get my mouse to move. I'm so frustrated with it right now! Thanks again for your response.

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Try safe mode with command prompt.

run system restore from there.

Type in the following command and hit enter key

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!