deleted windows components

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dolphindreamer

hi, i recently, accidently removed windows xp professional components from my computer. the one i deleted were the accessories and utilities components. i bought my hp laptop secondhand with xp aleady loaded and i didn't get a back up disc. i;ve been trying to find away to solve this problem as buying a version of windows xp professional is well and truly out of my price range and so is taking it a professional. i am hoping that someone on here can help or maybe talk me through what i need to do as i am not exactly a computer genius. i've already spoken to hp and they said they couldn't help me. any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.
thanks

blues_harp28

Hi, you say you deleted 'accessories and utilities' can you list what exactly was deleted?
As you may already know the install Cd could be used to scan the Pc and replace what was removed.

Have you tried System Restore?
System Restore in WinXP
http://bertk.mvps.org/

Choose a date prior to the deletion.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the model name and complete model number of that HP laptop?

If you don't know for sure, advise what the product number(P/N) and/or model number(M/N) on the sticker is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If you bought that laptop second-hand and it still contains all the "debris" from its previous owner, you really need to do a clean reinstall of Windows XP and get a fresh start with it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts