Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted word document (moved from Windows 8 forum)

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Professionalgirl 
#1 ·
While writing my book, i deleted the wrong file, long atore short i deleted the most recent version of my book i lost over 50 pages. About ready to accept it as a total loss just thought i would try one last option, is it possible to recover? Its not in my recycle bin i already tried :/

#2 ·
What version of Word (Ms Office) are you using?

Your title says you deleted Word documents (plural) so I'm trying to understand how you save updates to your book.

To clarify, every time you write new pages of your book you save the entire book to a new file, separate from the original? Or you save just the new pages separately every time?

#3 ·
I only deleted the one file, i appologize the title is misleading. Fortunately i had emailed part of the book to one of my friends and was able to recover about 20 pages but unfortunately i had over 75additional pages typed up afte sending it to her...when trying to clean my computer i noticed two different copies one was the copy i saved and one said (autosaved) i deleted the one that aaid auto saved but i couldnt find either of them after i had done that

#9 ·
I had this happen before and I was only able to recover part of the document. I think its because MS repaired and omitted corrupted pages and only kept the pages that were not corrupt. If several pages are used for one file I noticed that after several pages MS commonly starts malfunctioning on you. It happens every time. I don't think there is much you can do about it unless you use file recovery. That might work.

#10 ·
Have a look if by chance a restore point was created at the time you had the document saved, and before it was deleted
If so I may be able to get it back for you

Reactions: Professionalgirl
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.