1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleting a mysterious .jpg

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by macwoni, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. macwoni

macwoni Thread Starter

O.k. So I'm a little worried about this JPEG file on my computer.I went to go delete after clicking on it because nothing popped up at all.When I right click it my options are Open,Edit,Print,Preview,Open With..., and Send To.So then I tried left clicking and selecting "File" Then "Delete" and it still didn't do anything,it just stayed there.Tried dragging it onto my recycle bin and nothing,still there.Scanned it for a virus with Norton and it said "The above file name is invalid".I'm completely stuck,I don't know if it's a virus or if somebody's tracking me but I can't even open it any ideas?.

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

What happens when you try to open it ............................

3. Striker840

Striker840

Did you download this file?
    If you did not knowingly download this file, do NOT open it. Ask a security expert with the gold shield next to their name to assist you in this.

4. The Hound

The Hound

Try this...

Right click the file, select 'properties'=uncheck 'read only'. Close the properties box.
    Right click, select rename, rename it something short, like 'a'. No quotes, no special symbols. Try deleting it again.

If the file name is too long, or contains certain special characters (for instance if the filename is the complete url where it was downloaded from), you may run into this problem.

5. macwoni

macwoni Thread Starter

see the only problem is there is no properties under the right click menu!

it is open edit print preview open with send to
    and when i click on them they don't do anything...the file just sits there.No error message whatsoever.

6. Augie65

Augie65

You can try and delete it in safe mode or you can try MoveOnBoot to delete the file.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice