1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleting a Program / System Restore Not Working

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jeff B, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff B

Jeff B Thread Starter

Hello,
    I use XP Pro.
    Today I loaded a program from a friend's disc, did some work with the program then wanted to remove it from my computer. The program has uninstall feature but needs disk to uninstall ( I don't have the disk any more). So I tried add/remove from control panel -- clicked on program, nothing happens? So I went to system restore and and set restore date to last bold date (2 days ago). Went through all steps, computer restarted with window that says: "Restoration Incomplete, your computer cannot be restored to the date, no changes made to computer".
    What's wrong. This reminded me of several months ago, same thing happened, I couldn't use System Restore ( even by using several "good" restore dates.

So I have 2 problems: (1)How to remove program without disk and (2) How to fix system restore. Please Help.

Thanks, Jeff B.

2. funkdmonkey

funkdmonkey

System restore has a hard time restoring things the farther they are. So if your restoring something in the same day or yesterday, it would likely work. Any further and you might run into troubles. As for uninstalling i'll get back to you, for know see if you can find the program in your registry. Also a name of the program would be nice.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!