1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleting accident

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by james2523, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. james2523

james2523 Thread Starter

When I was reformatting my computer i deleted a part of my drive that i think was really important. It was drive E:. After the reformatting I tried to go on the internet. I tried to go on wireless but, I didn't have a wireless internet icon for my wireless card so I plugged it in. Still i could not go on the Internet. Then I tried to open some programs and half of them would load the others I would get error reports from.
    I think the reason it doesn't work is because of the drive I accidently deleted. Is there any way that I could get the data back without taking it to a repair shop? Thanks for any help. Oh and I cant put my laptop on standby either.

2. itsjusme

itsjusme

When you say you were reformatting, were you reinstalling your os, or just reformatting some partitions? How do you have the drive set up, if its partitioned, whats on the partitions?

3. james2523

james2523 Thread Starter

I was reformating the whole computer. I don't have any partitions.

4. itsjusme

itsjusme

Ok, how many drives do you have? If you dont have any partitions on the c: , or boot drive , then E: would be a cd/dvd drive?? If i understand you reinstalled your os, and now your E drive is missing? What was the E: drive?

5. james2523

james2523 Thread Starter

I have one drive C: when i reinstalled windows it asked which partition to install to. There were three partitions the one I was using, a small one of like 8 megabytes and another one that was called E. I deleted the E drive because I thought it would free up more space.

6. Old Rich

Old Rich

Your E drive was likley a recovery partition, which you have now wiped out. No biggie as long as you have the XP install disc.

If you reinstalled XP and the applications, they should all have gone to the C drive . . Did you load your chipset and other drivers?

7. james2523

james2523 Thread Starter

Thanks for the help I had to update my drivers.

8. Old Rich

Old Rich

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/525553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice