1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleting an image

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by EC56, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EC56

EC56 Thread Starter

Windows XP :

Prior to the World Cup I downloaded a cool footie web image as a background to my desktop no problem. Tried to also do it for a colleagues PC too - but his was setup differently so that it would not accept the web image as a desktop -

problem now is that on ctrl + alt +del to bring up the task manager - the desktop background changes from his default setting (which was previously unchangeable) and shows the full screen pic, which was previously tried (and failed) to use as a desktop. The image is also there momentarily first thing as soon as the PC begins to boot and last thing as the PC is shutting down. Anyone got any ideas how I can get rid if this ?? :(

Otherwise he will be plagued by an image of Maradona scoring his hand of god goal - I keep telling him it will be appropriate in another 4 years time - but he is having none of that !!;) ;)

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Shamou

Shamou

...someone may come along with a better suggestion but personally, when I have problems deleting something, I do it in safe mode... and that always worked for me...

3. EC56

EC56 Thread Starter

Thanks Shamou.

Should have been a bit clearer though - the image is NOT set as the desktop image thru' CONTROL PANEL > DISPLAY, as the way the PC is setup prevents this. The image appears to have somehow linked itself to the start up, and only appears when ctrl, alt, del are pressed and on initial boot and at shutdown. We cannot find the image in the files anywhere to delete it.

4. fatbobthefirst

fatbobthefirst

If your good with the Registry you can try to go into the Registry under the Current User Key and do a seach for wallpaper. It may show you something.
    And something you can change.

5. EC56

EC56 Thread Starter

How do I get into the Registry fatbobthefirst ??

6. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Start > Run

Type in regedit > ok

7. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

If this person does not know how to get to the registry why are we giving directions on it. This is like pointing a gun at your self. The registry is the most dangerous place to send an unskilled person to look for anything. I would suggest having some one look at the computer and find and fix it that knows the registry.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice