1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

deleting and reinstalling Windows in DOS

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by winonap47, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winonap47

winonap47 Thread Starter

I tried to put in a wireless router. everything went well except my receiving computer wouldn't work. Tech help said i needed to update win98 to win98 SE. Did that, now I keep getting error messages and win won't load. missing wininet.dll. have tried reloading win98SE four times. went back and tried to put win98 on just to get back to where I was. same error message re: wininet (plus others). what do i do? can i go into DOS and delete windows completed and reinstall 98? would that work?

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

You could try that. Does that file by any chance come from the installation of your network card?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/277152

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice