1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleting applications?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by CowNcalves, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CowNcalves

CowNcalves Thread Starter

How do I delete an application file? Norton is showing that I have statblaster in Documents and settings/ temp as HDNSX. Can I delete this in safe mode?
    What type of files should I see in the temp file.
    If anyone knows where I can lookup this info, would be very helpful.
    My pc is also infected with CWS but that is a whole other story :rolleyes:

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

3. CowNcalves

telecom69,
    Thank you so much for that info, thats the most info that I have gotten in over a week.

Hope someone can help figure this out, while searching in programs, I came across some things that I don't know what they are and if I need them
    viewpoint media player
    python/ python2
    Gold pocket

Another question, I just installed RegCleaner. How do I know what I need and what I don't? I see things like 11 unknows, lameme and cling spring and don't know what these are.

I know how to turn the pc on and off, thats all I know, oh and that I have been infected by spyware/adware that won't go away. I can't get any help about removing them so I am trying to figure this out.
    If anyone knows of any good sites would explain what should be there and what shouldn't would be very helpful

TIA

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    As to the 3 applications you don't know if you need or not, I've never heard of them. Did you search Google for them to see what they are?

RegCleaner: If you don't know what you're doing, then I advise you don't use it.

Adware: Go to http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/ and download the program called Adaware and run it on your PC.

Other people who reply here may have more information for you.

5. CowNcalves

Dreamboat, Thanks for replying back. I do have adware that I run throughout the day along with spysweeper and spybot.

I found a site for gold pocket but nothing helpful was found

python is some type of program, lots of info out there, but nothing that I can make heads or tails out of

viewpoint media-Viewpoint Media Player has been reported to install without the user's knowledge

Viewpoint Media Player collects information about the user. From the vendor's privacy policy: To provide a satisfying consumer experience and to operate effectively, the Viewpoint Media Player periodically sends information to servers at Viewpoint. Each installation of the Viewpoint Media Player is identifiable to Viewpoint via a Customer Unique Identifier (CUID), an alphanumeric identifier embedded in the Viewpoint Media Player. The Viewpoint Media Player randomly generates the CUID during installation and uses it to indicate a unique installation of the product. A CUID is never connected to a user's name, email address, or other personal contact information. CUIDs are used for the sole purpose of filtering redundant information. Each of these information exchanges occurs anonymously.

It states to go to add/remove programs to uninstall it, its not there when I looked to uninstall it

Open the gates, I letting the bulls out to go after the fools that created this adware/spyware. I have been stampeded by this junk, now its their turn

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Okay, so obviously, viewpoint media player is spyware.
    So, obviously, spysweeper and spybot are not doing their job or you need to update them.
    I swear by adaware from lavasoft, and also my McAfee virus scanning, which finds these kinds of spies too.

7. CowNcalves

I am current on everything except spysweeper. Adaware only catches CWS and norton is the one that has been catching incredifind, ezula, statblaster, purity scan and now keenvat but is unable to get rid of them. I am getting closer to getting rid of some of them. I know more about this pc then I want to. lol I did find out that cling spring is from purity scan. So, off I go to find the rest. After 7days of this, I'm getting a little delete happy.

Dreamboat, thank you for replying to this. I have already posted the spyware problem in the other forum but have had no response except a rude remark for a question I had asked.

8. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Hang tight on that other Q until someone else comes along with more response. And, sometimes people are right, even tho they don't express themselves very well (I agree with your opinion that it was rude). But...you won't only get smart a$$ responses here. Might want to edit that last post? Just a thought. I mean...don't forget. That person is ONE of a gazillion that come here to help others. :D Good luck. This is NOT my forte at all. Eddie5659 (or whatever his name is) is the *security* guy.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224778

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice