1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleting cookies?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Drumr4, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Drumr4

Drumr4 Thread Starter

I know I've done it before, but can't remember how to delete cookies from my temporary internet files! Also, how do I know I won't be deleting "useful" cookies, like the one that knows who I am when I come to this site?

I looked at the folder that contains these cookies in Windows Explorer, and it is HUGE! When I did this before, I don't think I did it there....it didn't look familiar at all.

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks to everyone here who is so kind to share their knowledge with "Computer Ninnies" like me!

Pam

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

3. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

4. Drumr4

Drumr4 Thread Starter

Thank you, Brooks and DoyceJ, for responding to my post.

I followed all the links pointed out to me, printed lots of instructions, and am going to work at getting rid of those cookies!

After following those links, I came to this realization:

I downloaded a newer version of IE5 to my machine some time ago, but I never went in there and set up the temp files to stay for only a couple days and use only a few MB of space. That'll be one of the first things I change!

Live and learn, but the trick is to remember what you've learned!
    Thanks,
    Pam

5. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

You're welcome. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63461

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice