1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleting corrupted fonts

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Loriatti, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Loriatti

Loriatti Thread Starter

Anyone ever come across a font that was corrupted and wouldn't let you delete it or reinstall it? I tried cutting it and that didn't work either. It just says cannot delete file. Cannot read from source file or disk. I can delete other fonts though and this one looks italic when it shouldn't and the size is 0k so I know it's messed up. I also tried deleting it in DOS and to no avail. I ran a chkdsk /r and that came up clean. I even installed Font Agent and ran it and it found no corrupt fonts. I tried digging it out of the registry and it's not there. The font name is SNBC____.pfm I believe it came on a floppy with a printer. Anyone got an idea? I've done some searching but can't come up with anything promising. This is on Windows 2000. Thanks for any help. :)

2. vesselle

vesselle

that is something i haven't ever run into before.
    all i can think of is that the PFM extension is indeed a font. adobe, iirc. when you did your registry search, did you search for Hex: 00 01?

V***V

3. PlatinumDrag

PlatinumDrag

Have you tired reinstalling the printer floppy if you feel thats where it came from try again might of just been buggy the first time.
    Otherwise go in through safe mode and delete it from your font list.

4. Loriatti

Loriatti Thread Starter

I had tried reinstalling from the floppy but it would never finish. I went into safe mode and tried deleting but got the same msg. I then tried deleting from a command prompt in safe mode and it accepted the command and gave no errors but when I refreshed it was still there. I tried on last time out of utter desperation and it worked! I have absolutley no reason why it worked but it did and then I was able to reinstall it. Thanks for the suggestions!! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172179

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice