Deleting data from USB stick

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

maryowen

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Starter, Service Pack 1, 32 bit, Build 7601, Installed 20190128154113.000000+000
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 28 Stepping 2, CPU Count: 2
Total Physical RAM: 1 GB
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family, 6 MB
Hard Drives: C: 71 GB (23 GB Free); D: 71 GB (70 GB Free);
Motherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. N130, ver Not Applicable, s/n 123490EN400015
System: Phoenix Technologies Ltd., ver SECCSD - 6040000, s/n ZKOX93LZ301729
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Enabled and Updated

hello, I want to know how to remove files from a USB stick. That's all. Thanks

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You can delete the files in Windows Explorer. Or if you want to remove all of them format the Usb stick in Disk Management.

Does that answer your question ?

maryowen

You can delete the files in Windows Explorer. Or if you want to remove all of them format the Usb stick in Disk Management.

Does that answer your question ?
No. I cannot understand what I have to do in Windows Explorer...I tried.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Ok, in Windows Explorer double-click on the Usb stick's drive letter then right-click on the file you want to delete then click on Delete in the menu that appears.

maryowen

Ok, in Windows Explorer double-click on the Usb stick's drive letter then right-click on the file you want to delete then click on Delete in the menu that appears.
mm. I have to go to youtube to see how to open WExp in windows 7. Tomorrow. Thanks.

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Click on Start > type EXPLORER > press Enter

plodr

Liz
Look in the left pane, not the large right pane that has libraries open.

Or right click Computer and select open. Then the large pane will show you the hard disk(s) and devices with removable storage. Your USB stick will be listed there if it is plugged in.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online