1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

deleting .exe programs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by uracootie, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uracootie

uracootie Thread Starter

When I download a program, it is saved to my desktop (WinXP Home pc). After I install it (e.g. Spybot.exe) I then drag the desktop icon to my recycle bin, as after several downloads of various .exe programs my desktop is cluttered. All these already installed .exe programs are taking up valuable space, and I need to know if it is "safe" to delete them from the recycle bin, and that deleting them will not cause any problems if I need to uninstall the programs later.

2. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

after you install a program, you can remove the install exe file, there no longer needed

and most of them are not worth keeping in your computer for backup because new versions come out all of the time

so download a program, save the file to your desktop and after installing it,

delete the install key

to keep my desktop neat, i make a new folder and name it Unused icons

then i move all of the shortcuts that i don't normally use, into that folder, helpc reduce the clutter on my desktop

heres a screenshot
    http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/4544/untitled22jc.jpg

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!