Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

deleting files creats a copy of that file

831 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  muppy03 
#1 ·
I have been trying to delete pics. When i press control and click on each pic to delete a bunch at one time, I get copies of the files im trying to highlight. I thought I was clicking on create shortcut, but it is creating a copy of all I have highlighted even before I get to the delete menu.
Anyone heard of this before? What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Sorry its taken so long to reply, reality waits for no one. ;) anyways, I've tried the shift delete thing and it works for about 4 pics, then it will copy a pic. Same thing if i just click on the file, remove my hand from the mouse and hit delete button. it will delete a few but about the 3 or 4 time it will copy the pic.
And thank you bb_ceo and etch for repling to my problem.

#6 ·
This problem occurrs like this. If you hold down the Ctrl key so you can select random pictures to highlight them, and if you move the mouse pointer a fraction of a mm while the left mouse key is depressed you will create a copy of the picture you are currently selecting. It will appear at the end of the folder and will be named "Copy of" origninal file name. Its the combination of control key and drag on the picture that creates the copy of it.
HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.