1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleting Fonts in Vista - Permission Denied - Have tried everything!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by bully2007, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bully2007

bully2007 Thread Starter

Hi -
    I'm having problems trying to delete some fonts that I installed. I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium. I'm the only user (and the administrator) on the computer.

When I try to delete a font - it tells me "You need permission to perform this action".

I have already tried the following (based on thorough search for help everywhere):
    (1) turned off UAC
    (2) tried to change the folder properties of the windows/fonts folder but that option does not exist for that folder
    (3) have tried right-clicking on the font to change the permissions for the font I want to delete - it says "Unable to save permission changes"

AHA!!!!!! I finally solved the problem - in the FONT PROPERTIES/ADVANCED SECURITY/OWNER: I had to first change the OWNER of the file to Administrator (instead of Trusted Installer) and then I could change the permissions. Problem solved! But will post here anyway in case anyone else runs into this problem.

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

Glad you Got it Fixed

You can use the 'thread tools' at the top to mark it 'solved'

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I would go back and change back to "Trusted Installer" or you may not be able to install any additional fonts.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/625076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice