1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleting Hardware Devices?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by debs2411, Mar 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. debs2411

debs2411 Thread Starter

Hi, I was having trouble with my computer freezing up so I went to Hardware and then to Device manager. I clicked on show hidden files and I had a exclamation point next to mdmxsdk. So when i got on the properties it showed not available, no driver installed so when I went to Help and Support it said try uninstalling it and then reinstall it. Well. I uninstalled but have no idea what it is or how to reinstall. Now on the device manager I have a exclamation point beside the Streamdispatcher. What have I done? And how do i fix it? Also call me stupid but what does mdmxsdk mean?:I forgot to say I use Windows XP Home edition. Thank you

2. mobo

mobo

Sounds like a modem. Is there a modem in the system and do you use it..

3. debs2411

debs2411 Thread Starter

Yes there is a modem and yes I am using it right now. Which one sounds like the modem the streamdispatcher or the mdmxsdk?

4. mobo

mobo

5. debs2411

debs2411 Thread Starter

CPU-Intel Celeron II, 566 MHz (8.5x67)
    Gateway Brooking
    Chipset - intel whitney i810E
    Memory - 96 mb SDRAM
    BIOS Type - AMI (02/08/01)

Thanks all I could gather, i mean all I could understand. It that what you needed to know?

6. mobo

mobo

Yes , now i'll get the motherboard drivers and you can install them.

7. mobo

mobo

Before I go there go to start / control panel / system / hardware / device manager
    Now double click on each thing that is having a problem and select Driver tab / rollback driver..

this will roll back to the previous driver so do this for each thing nessecary then reboot the system.

8. debs2411

debs2411 Thread Starter

Can't do it. When I double click on the devices I am having a problem with and get to the driver tab it says.
    Service name - streamdispatcher or mdmxsdk (that the ones I'm having this problem with)
    Display name - "same as above"
    Current status: Stopped then the start button
    Startup type : systems

And on the General tab it says
    Streamdispatcher or the second devices name
    Device - unknown
    Manufacturer - unknown
    Device status - This device is not present, is not working properly,
    or does not have all it's drivers installed ( code 24)
    device usage - Use this device ( enable)
    It says the same for mdmxsdk device Both have a exclamation point beside them and my computer it giving me fits i can't install programs sometimes.

9. debs2411

debs2411 Thread Starter

Hello Is there any one out there, where did you go Mobo?

10. mobo

mobo

11. debs2411

debs2411 Thread Starter

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
    Date 2004-03-29
    Time 09:11

--------[ Motherboard ]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard Properties:
    Motherboard ID 63-0100-009999-00101111-022001-WHITNEY$0AAVIP0807.00.xx
    Motherboard Name Unknown

Front Side Bus Properties:
    Bus Type Intel GTL+
    Bus Width 64-bit
    Real Clock 67 MHz
    Effective Clock 67 MHz
    Bandwidth 533 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties:
    Bus Type Intel Hub Interface
    Bus Width 8-bit

12. mobo

mobo

Thats not quite enough info based on what I could find in that particular chipset. There are a few different motherboards carrying it and they havedifferent drivers. Since that program couldn't positively ID the board there is only one sure fire way to do so an thats to open the case and look on the board fo the make and model..I'm tyhinking its made by ECS so you can look for that logo then a model no like P61WT or something other..Make certain to power down the unit before hand.

13. debs2411

debs2411 Thread Starter

I'll get back to you with that info tonight. thanks

14. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Your computer may be having issues with the fact its not powerful enough to be running Windows XP. You need a faster CPU and a lot more RAM.

The files do seem to be related to the modem; do you knw what modem you have? Look in AIDA32 for that info, then update the modem's driver. Also go to the Windows Update site, IE -> Tools -> Windows Updates, and see what updates they have available, XP Home really needs some of those updates to run better.

15. debs2411

debs2411 Thread Starter

the only thing i could get off the motherboard (amongst all the tiny little numbers) was MS 6312 ( microstar )
    N1996
    P06m79
    CRU us

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/214782

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice