Deleting Norton System Works 2004

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cgarmany

I deleted all of Norton System Works 2004 --so I thought. All components seem to be gone, BUT under "Add or Remove Programs," I still have listed "Norton Anitvirus Parent MSI." When I highlight it to remove it there is no highlighted option to Change/Remove.

I checked the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/Windows/Current Version/Uninstall, but I don't see it listed. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Thanks...

cgarmany

Thanks for the help, those programs did in fact clean a lot of garbage that I had, but the program ("Norton Antivirus Parent MSI") is still listed under the add or remove programs menu (OS, Windows XP Home). The strange thing is, is that none of the programs listed above show it as listed! I've checked the registry several times myself, and I can't seem to find it either --unless it is under a strange name. Is this some kind of Windows glitch?

Go to Symantec.com -> Home and Home Office/Small Business for detailed instructions on how to remove 2004 when Add/Remove in Control Panel does not work. I'd post the manual I made for it, but it is ~1.6 MB in size.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online