1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Deleting Page Numbers

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mathias1979, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mathias1979

mathias1979 Thread Starter

Alright...two issues here. #1: I have my document split into sections, and I can't figure out how to delete page numbers from just one section, even though all the help information I read says I should be able to. "Page numbers are section specific not document specific". #2. Assuming I can resolve issue #1, is there anyway to delete page numbers from just one or two pages within a section without splitting the document into more sections?

2. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi Mathias,
    I suspect that your problem with deleting page numbers from just one section is that the page numbers are contained in the footer and the footer for each section is set to "same as previous". To check, place your cursor somewhere in the section for which you want to delete the page numbers. Go to View/Header and Footer. On the Header and Footer toolbar, click the toggle button for "Switch Between Header and Footer". The top of the footer box should say Footer-Section # on the left. If it says "Same as Previous" on the right, click the "Same as Previous" button on the toolbar to unlink the footer for this section from the previous section. You should also go to the next section's footer (if any) and deselect the "Same as Previous" button. Return to the footer for the section in which you want to delete the page numbers. You should now be able to highlight the page number and delete it without affecting the prior or subsequent sections.

As for your second question, I'm unaware of a way to delete page numbers from select pages within a section. Someone else might have some ideas though.

Hope that helps - it feels like I've made it more complicated than it really is, so post back if you have questions. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice