Deleting programs

Mybrandy

I confess to being less than efficient at this 'tech' stuff, I do ok to get by, but this question has proved impossible to answer. I need to delete programs on a new laptop with Windows 10. I was told that, for instance, if I remove Outlook email on the one computer it will similarly remove it from an older laptop which I still use. The same with Facebook, and Word etc.. I really want to clear the new laptop but I do not want to lose those items which I use all the time. As an example, on Facebook I started a new account on the new PC, only to find that when I went to that site on the older PC, everything was new, no friends, posts from me etc.. It was all gone. So when that happened it bothered me that every thing could be gone on other programs too. I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on this please. Thank you. Mybrandy.

Deleting the Outlook program from 1 pc will not delete Outlook on another pc.

What you did on Facebook was that you created a new account on the new pc. And you login on the old pc to the same new account, of course everything is fresh - you are using the new account. On the old pc if you login to the old Facebook account you will find everything is as it were.

Mybrandy

Deleting the Outlook program from 1 pc will not delete Outlook on another pc.

What you did on Facebook was that you created a new account on the new pc. And you login on the old pc to the same new account, of course everything is fresh - you are using the new account. On the old pc if you login to the old Facebook account you will find everything is as it were.
Thank you for responding to me. You have put my mind at ease, but does it mean that the other programs are safe too?

All your exe's are safe. There are some things that belong to the MS Outlook account that are synchronized between machines, but those are Windows settings. But executables are not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online