Solved Deleting Punctuation

ImaGrump

I screwed up! I have been using the attached code for some time now in ACCESS, but I have recently changed it somehow. This takes the attached ENTRIES and converts it to the attached HORSE IMPORTS.

The problem is that prior to this month the punctuations were deleted; now they are still there. Obviously I deleted some of the code when I changed the month from July to August. I don't understand how but it has changed.

My problem is getting that part of the code restored so that I do not have to delete the punctuations manually.

HELP !!

It will be greatly appreciated. THANKS

Attachments

ImaGrump

I've been working on this since I posted, but no luck. The primary reason for that is because I have absolutely no knowledge of VBA. I seached through my old records and correspondence and found some things that I tried, but nothing worked.

I found UPDATED and tried adding it to my VBA, but it resulted in the same punctuation marks as evidenced in PUNCT.

I would have thought that this :

horsename = varSplit(1)
horsename = Replace(horsename, "'", "")
horsename = Replace(horsename, ".", "")
horsename = Replace(horsename, ",", "")
horsename = Replace(horsename, "'", "")
found = InStr(horsename, "(")
If found > 0 Then horsename = Left(horsename, found - 1)

was what I was looking for but I couldn't make it work. As I said, all I did was "copy and paste" where I thought it belonged.........it didn't!

Can any of you see what I am doing wrong........can you correct it? At about 10 minutes per list it takes a while to eliminate the punctuation marks manually for a normal weekend.

THANK YOU ahead of time........any of you who even look at it and can't do any more than I can....at least you looked!

Attachments

ImaGrump

I have acquired a solution!

![HORSE] = varSplit(1) Changing this to: ![HORSE] = horsename got the job done.

We can mark this: SOLVED !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online